Friday, November 19, 2010

Tips for Simple Yet Fun Nail Polish Designs

I’m absolutely crazy about painting my nails. When I was in high school, I would obsessively paint my fingernails to match my outfits. Some days, I would just wear basic colors, but others I would experiment with all sorts of designs, shapes and styles.
Those carefree fingernail obsessing days came to a screeching halt when adult responsibility reared its ugly head. Bills have to be paid and laundry needs to get done. And now that I’m a mom, I have three half-pint shadows following me around day-in and day-out, selfishly demanding time sucking luxuries such as food, clothing and attention.
Being an adult hasn’t exactly broken me of my nail obsession, it’s just toned it down some over the years. I no longer have the time, energy, or honestly desire, to do my nails nightly. Instead, I wait for a quiet evening to happen my way and paint them then. If they start to chip, and I haven’t got adequate time to devote to them, I just take off all of the paint with nail polish remover and wait for my next opportunity.
On occasion, I still like to do something funky with my nails, but time is still regularly an issue. So, rather than try to whittle out an hour to paint individual flowers or designs on my nails, I find interesting products that take the detail work out of the equation altogether. Two of my favorites, for both looks and ease, are nail tattoos and crackle polish. Continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paid To Promote

Labels